What do foreign travel bloggers say about Italy?
Travel Blogger Destination Italy is an important event dedicated to travel bloggers within the TTG, the Italian trade fair of tourism field. In 2014 it took place from 9th October to 11th October. During the 3 days the travel bloggers could meet tourism companies and tourism boards introducing them their blog and activities. It was only the 2nd edition, but it already attracted the interest of the tourism operators in Italy.
As media partner of #TBDI2014 we tought to ask 2 questions to some of the travel bloggers. We know that about Italy or Italian people there are so many prejudices and stereotypes. For example the world-famous stereotype is that Italian people always eat pasta and pizza, but it isn’t true. I wrote an article about myths on Italian food, I suggest you to read it because you will be surprised for sure.
If reading is boring, you can also watch a video. What do you think about “Eat, pray, love” movie?
Apart from one of the best actresses of the world, this movie is crammed full of stereotypes about Italy. I just saw some clips, but they were quite enough.
Now let’s see which were the questions:
- which are the 3 things that come to your mind when you think about Italy?
- which is the most common stereotype about Italy and/or Italians that is false?
Michael Hodson (Arkansans, USA) – Overland travel adventures
1) “I think about the food obviously. I think about the wine and I better say it’s not that. And the beautiful scenery.”
2) “A lot of people think that we (Ed. Americans) are rude about fashion. I’m definetely not very fashionable, but I never heard anybody saying anything bad or looking at me bad. I guess I am ok or they have been just very nice to me.”
Laurence Norah (United Kingdom) – Finding the universe
1) “3 things that comes to mind when I think about Italy? Food, fashion and beautiful people.”
2) “The thing that it isn’t true about Italy is that they just don’t eat pizza and pasta. They do pizza and pasta, but they eat all the things as well.”
Toni Tran (United Kingdom) – Fashitects
1) “The 3 things that come to my mind when I think about Italy are the tan, the food of course and the designers.”
2) “Not all the Italian people wear expensive designer clothing.”